Successful wholesale and retail grocery business based in Western Melbourne
- Located less than 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD in the western suburbs of the city, this successful family operated wholesale / retail food and wine business is turning over approximately $1.25 million annually. The business was established in2007 as a wholesale distributor, servicing the needs of over 150 shops in and around Melbourne.
- As a strategic move, the current owner expanded the business in 2012 to include a retail outlet, achieving the ideal outcome that each arm of the business benefits the other. The wholesale arm of the business is importing approximately 60 containers of food plus a growing variety of approximately 400 wines each year.
- The business has secured exclusively of many of the wines it imports. These are sold to both wholesale and retail customers. The wines are imported direct from Macedonia and Bosnia and are generating approximately $300,000 annually providing an additional high margin revenue stream for the business. The retail outlet of this business has a liquor license and as there is no licensed competition in the direct vicinity, there is the added benefit that this attracts customers that also spend money on grocery items.
- This business would ideally suit a family that would enjoy the many rewards of hard work. The current owner has built up an excellent network of more than 150 shops that the wholesale side of the business services. The retail outlet benefits from on-selling grocery items obtained through the retail side of the business at excellent margins.
- New owners have the choice of buying both the wholesale and retail components of the business or the retail component only, with the current owner maintaining the wholesale sector of the business. Included in the asking prices is all goodwill, fixtures and fitting, plus stock at current valuation.
- Based in the western suburbs of Melbourne the new owners could expect a cosmopolitan lifestyle in Australia’s multi-cultural capital, Melbourne. As a lifestyle benefit, overseas travel to Europe once or twice a year is an excellent bonus that this business provides.
$1.9 Million + SAV
$1.9 Million + SAV
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia