Established timber business based in South Brisbane with several income streams
- This Brisbane based timber business has been trading for 23 years, with a total of 10 years under the current ownership. With several streams of income this solid business is currently turning over $1.4 million annually.
- Based in the fast growing region of South East Queensland, a key feature of this timber business is its unique ability to supply job lots, providing a variety of quality finished timbers for a designated job lot for residential or commercial clients.
- Approximately 70% of the business is wholesaling timber to clients such as major national hardware chains. Providing premium quality hardwood for trade and local retail clients contributes to the balance of the business.
- Another stream of income of this business includes working with an outdoor furniture design company. This design company produces the frames for furniture while the timber business assembles the furniture complete with the timber component.
- This furniture is then sold to a variety of clients including local government and there is realistic potential to further develop this profitable joint partnership.
- Under the current owners, the business has been substantially improved. As the business enjoys business with large national retailers, new computerized systems have been installed as well as a database of clients and a comprehensive product tracking system.
- The current owners have not actively marketed the business, leaving room for promising growth, most notably in the retail and trade sectors that yield high margin returns. Marketing direct to builders in this high growth region could be expected to net exponential growth.
- The business is ideally located in the southern suburbs of Brisbane with access to major roads, and a variety of regions within South East Queensland. The premises are 2546 square metres with a 1,450 square metre shed, a neat office at the front of the building, a meeting room, staff area, toilets and a kitchen.
- Included in the asking price, are all fixtures and fittings, plant and equipment, a comprehensive customer list, the business website, plus stock at value and a secure lease arrangement. Additionally, freehold value is an option.
Freehold Optional+ SAV
$495,000.00 + Freehold Optional;+ SAV
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia