Unique coastal lifestyle/ accommodation business located on 15 Acres with unlimited potential
- This exclusive lifestyle business is set on 15 acres of pristine land on the east coast of NSW, half way between Sydney and Brisbane and metres from stunning surf beaches.
- The business is currently operating as a surf retreat that was originally started in the early 1990s and later established on this property in 2007.
- The property has been significantly improved and is currently marketed to international mature age adventure travellers, however the potential of this business is limitless. The property currently comprises of the main building constructed in
- 1993, originally designed as a freestanding motel complex. The building has been converted to provide seven backpacker/hostel rooms, six motel suites, an office/reception area, administration office, commercial kitchen, plus an open plan dining area.
- With combined indoor/outdoor areas, the building provides seating for 70 guests. As well, there is ample car parking facilities, a five bedroom staff and manager’s complex, all situated in beautiful bushland, adjacent to a national park and metres from beautiful, unspoilt and uncrowded beaches, making it an ideal location for a lifestyle retreat.
- A husband and wife team currently operates the business with the assistance of six casual staff, three semi-permanent, plus three subcontractors that run the surf-school part of the operation. The business is currently is turning over $380,000 annually, based on a 30% occupancy rate. This is due to a lifestyle choice of the current owners who choose to close for several months a year and limit marketing activities.
- The business currently caters for both organized tour groups and limited walk-in trade. Approximately 80% of the current trade is generated from international visitors, mostly aged 25 and over with the remainder of guests being domestic tourists. Additional income is generated from food and beverages (including alcohol) purchased at the resort and providing an opportunity for improved revenue generation if promoted.
- The business is also in possession of DA applications approved for a further 24 room motel, 5 cabins and a tennis court as well as holding a range of valuable National Park and Council licenses. The business could be converted to a number of exciting purposes including a function centre, a health retreat, or a nursing home – any number of requirements.
- Located five hours north of Sydney, the business is 20 minutes from a large coastal
- town with a large airport and is three minutes from a small coastal village with a population of 1,200 that is serviced by conveniences that include a small shopping centre, restaurants and clubs, plus an infants and primary school. This rare opportunity is only available due to the retirement of the current owners and represents the ideal coastal lifestyle plus an opportunity to further develop the business to extraordinary heights.
$1.650 Million WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
New South Wales, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 250 times.