Established road construction business with little competition and industry leading contacts
- This unique road construction business was incorporated in 1986, originally based in the Southern Highlands in New South Wales. Five years ago the administration of the business was established in Queensland. As the business turns over $2 million annually and undertakes jobs all over Australia, as well as some overseas contracts, the business could be based anywhere in Australia.
- Specifically the business undertakes highway construction, motorway upgrades, airport runways and taxiways, road tunnels; hard stand areas, railway formations and ballast and sub-division developments.
- The company has contacts with every major civil construction company in Australia as well as some of the leading international civil construction companies. One of the major attractions of this business is there is only one other company in Australia that competes in size and the number of machines at their disposable.
- Starting with one machine in 1985, the business now has seven working machines and one spare parts machine. The staff level is currently six, but has peaked with 12 staff. The machines currently in service include three ABG 420s and two ABG 511s. As well, the business has an ABG 411 and two ABG 280s.
- As the business has been long established and highly respected, most work comes to the business through the internet presence or by winning tenders with the major civil construction companies. At times the business has had too much work for the amount of staff available.
- There is not enough trained staff in Australia to draw on, however, there is potential for growth in this business by training more staff or by bringing in qualified staff from overseas.
- Included in the asking price are eight paving machines (seven that are operational at present), a large quantity of spare parts for all the machines including two spare motors, hydraulic pumps. In total, it is estimated that there is $200, 000 in spare parts included. As well there are two front end loaders, two service trailers equipped with tools, a new service truck with service equipment, three twin cab utilities for crews to get to jobs and tow trailers.
- The website, goodwill, including contacts in every major civil construction company in Australia and some of the biggest in the world that this business has been servicing for almost 30 years are included in the asking place. Importantly, the current owner is open to a flexible handover period to ensure the ongoing success of this business and the current qualified staff members have indicated that they are available to work with the new owners.
Asking price: $1.25 Million WIWO
$1.25 Million WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
New South Wales, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 331 times.