Regional Queensland Mining Strength –the perfect foundation for longstanding service station
- Operating from a regional town situated at the southern end of the renowned Bowen Basin, this well-established service station has long been a key supplier to the local community as well as to the region’s ever expanding mining industry.
- The unstoppable mining industry has been the backbone of the region’s ongoing economic prosperity and a key factor in the service station’s longevity and success.
- Operating for over 50 years, the service station is more of a local landmark than a business. Enjoying a high profile position within the town, the service station is an independent fuel supplier offering a convenient and central point for residents and workers to stop and refuel – both their vehicles and themselves.
- In addition to selling a select range of groceries and essential items, the service station also operates a fully equipped commercial kitchen from which it produces a much-loved menu of traditional favourites - available for eat-in and takeaway. For customers looking to eat-in the service station has seating for 25, both inside and outside.
- The business is the only service station in town open 7-days a week which also sells food, and with its long history servicing the region, has very much become an intrinsic part of the local community and residents’ daily routines.
- As well as supplying local residents the business has also become a key supplier to the nearby coalmines and associated contractors working at the mines. The Bowen Basin is home to Australia’s largest coal reserves with the region’s 34 coal mines extracting 100 million tonnes annually. The mining activity continues to inject funds into local economies, both directly and indirectly, with the service station well placed to make the most of the town’s on-going commercial and economic growth.
- In addition to a great business already generating considerable turnover and income, a fully equipped mechanical workshop is also on the site (currently not in use) – an ideal opportunity to add a new dimension to the business moving forward. The freehold title to the entire site is included in the asking price.
- As far as lifestyle goes, you’ll find few better places than the laidback friendly atmosphere of country Queensland. The local town with its welcoming community, fresh air and safe environment is an ideal family friendly destination. Don’t be mistaken, despite being a rural town you’ll still have plenty of amenities and facilities at your fingertips – whether it be education, sports or health services. Plus you’ll be able to explore the region’s distinctive natural beauty - from the rolling landscape of the surrounding National Parks, to enjoying a spot of fishing or boating on its various waterways and lakes.
ASKING PRICE: $1.2 Million WIWO
$1.2 Million WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
North West Queensland, Queensland, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 263 times.