Established plant transport business located on the outskirts of Melbourne
- Located 50 kilometres east of Melbourne, this specialized plant transport business has been trading since 1985, primarily transporting on behalf of wholesale nurseries throughout Melbourne and rural Victoria. The current owner has been working in the business since 1992, purchasing the company in 2000 with a partner.
- The business has grown significantly under the current owners from a fleet of 11 trucks, to now requiring 15 trucks. The owners have built up a solid customer base to currently turn over approximately $2.3 million annually. Today, clients include mostof the major Victorian nursery wholesalers plus several national retailers.
- There is little direct competition as this ‘cottage industry’ of transporting is highly specialised, requiring expensive fit outs and equipment for the trucks. This business also successfully competes by offering regular delivery networks such as servicing rural Victoria twice a week.
- This opportunity is a reluctant sale due to the collapse of the current owners partnership. New owners could realistically grow the business by expanding further into the retail side of the business and by increasing regular deliveries and servicing interstate clients.
- The business would ideally suit a husband and wife team or an individual who would enjoy the casual lifestyle of this niche industry that is more relaxed than general freight and is based in the heartland of commercial nurseries on the fringe of Melbourne. Alternatively, this established business could operate successfully with a manager employed.
- Included in the asking price are the vehicle leases for the 15 Isuzu trucks valued at $1.2 million. Also included are all the trolleys and racks valued at approximately $1 million, plus the goodwill. As this is a unique transport business, the current owner is willing to stay on for a flexible handover period to ensure a smooth transition.
- As a lifestyle benefit, the business is located in the beautiful Yarra Valley, a region famed for it’s country charms, yet only an hour’s drive from Melbourne’s CBD. The new owners could chose to live in the city or in the semi-rural district close to the business, the neighbouring wineries and beaches.
Asking price: $2.55 Million WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 912 times.