Crane hire business at the foothills of the Snowy Mountains
- Located in the South West Slopes of NSW, at the foot of the Snowy Mountains and two hours drive from Canberra, this crane hire business was purchased by a husband and wife team in 2007. The business has been successfully built up to currently turn over $1.5 million annually.
- This small family concern originally purchased the local crane hire business in 2007, comprising of a 25 tonne slew crane and a 12 tonne Franna. Over the following 7 years, the crane hire business has grown to include a 20 tonne slew crane. Further added to the fleet of cranes have been 12, 15 and 20 tonne Franna cranes, two mini crawler cranes, a boomlift and three scissor lifts. This business is also looking to purchase a new crane in 2014.
- With little direct competition in the region, the business has built up a solid reputation and customer base. The business is primarily engaged as contractors in the timber, paper, agriculture, electricity generation and domestic industries for both government and private clients.
- The company is involved with factory maintenance, shutdowns, shed erection, vehicle salvage and access equipment hire.
- The business actively markets the brand locally and online and currently employs five full time staff as well as qualified subcontractors.
- This business takes pride in the level of training invested in employees and their unblemished record of industry compliance, including the maintenance of all vehicles.
- New expansion in regional industry has recently been announced that this business is well positioned to benefit from. Further diversification in the scope of work undertaken and by adding to the fleet of cranes would see the business further expand.
- As the current owners are looking to semi-retire, all machinery and goodwill is included in the asking price. The current owners operate the business from private premises, an easily transferrable arrangement for the new owners.
- Within two hours from Canberra, the region has much to offer, it is country living with charming, historic townships at the foothills of the Snowy Mountains with rolling valleys and mountain streams, making it a popular region for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
Asking price: $1,865,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Snowy Mountains, New South Wales, Australia