Welding & engineering business located on Queensland’s fast-growing Sunshine Coast.
- Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast in Queensland, this business undertakes a wide variety of welding and engineering for a variety of clients on the fast-growing Sunshine Coast. The business has been trading under the current owners since 2006 and has grown a steady 30 percent to the current turnover of nearly $1 million annually.
- The current owners have implemented strategic systems to streamline and optimise the business. These include Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Management and Human Resource Systems. These systems provide the new owners compliance with clientele requirements. The business is ready to be taken to the next level. Other processes, such as quality control systems have also been designed for the business and it is in possession of a steel-detailing license.
- To illustrate the wide variety of work undertaken by this company, jobs vary from constructing steel structures for large retail outlets to repairing small fishing boats. This ability to diversify is one of the strengths of the business, rather than limited to one market sector, the business is setup to service many markets.
- The company has proved its position and viability as a successful business by not succumbing to the GFC like so many others, giving it great opportunity to expand and continue to grow. Secondary income is crane truck and mini crane hire and acting as the appointed agent for Air Liquide.
- Currently the business employs skilled casual staff as required, a strategy that has helped to keep overheads down. The qualified staff consistently delivers high quality work that has built this business an enviable reputation, that the new owners can capitalise and grow on.
- The business would suit anyone with basic business skills, however, a new owner with some background in engineering and construction would be ideal. Some networking and sales experience would also be an advantage to successfully operate and grow this business, though not essential.
- The business premises can be sold separately on a freehold basis. With a 1,000 square metres, there are three welding bays and a large outside area, leaving room to expand the business. There is also a meal room, a toilet and shower, a front reception area and two offices located upstairs.
- Alternatively, the business premises can be leased on a long-term basis at a reasonable rent from the current owners. As a WIWO concern, all fully listed plant, equipment and vehicles, valued at over $300,000 is included in the asking price.
- Based on the growing Sunshine Coast region in Queensland, the business is located on a busy road with excellent exposure and new signage. Within minutes from the business there is shopping, schools and amenities and conveniences. For recreational facilities, within 5 minutes there is a river and within a 10 minute’s drive, there are some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches.
Asking price: $650,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia