Ideal Lifestyle Profitable sailing cruises/charter based in Port Stephens NSW
- The ultimate in lifestyle businesses, this business was launched in 1995.
- This stunning 16-metre catamaran that cruises in the waters of Australia’s ‘Dolphin Capital’ and largest marine park in the state is capable of carrying 50 passengers and crew offshore and 63 inshore and is based just 2.5 hours from Sydney in Port Stephen
- The boutique business has carved out a niche in a predominantly domestic market and is well regarded as an icon of eco tourism in the region, turning over approximately of $650,000 annually.
- This profitable tourism-based business operates year round with all the relevant, highly valuable permits. During winter and spring whale and dolphin watching cruises are increasingly popular, and during the summer months a mix of dolphin watching, snorkelling, private charters and licensed dinner cruises and private charters generate regular income with a high percentage of return business.
- This boutique business is the largest commercial sailing catamaran in the port and enjoys a high percentage of return local business as well as an increasingly growing clientele of international FIT Asian tourists.
- The vessel is a Crowther designed 16 metre, 19.5m all up, sailing catamaran carrying 100 square meters of working sail plus 100HP diesel motors. It was one of the first operations in the state to make whale watching a viable commercial proposition and is very well regarded in the field. The catamaran was purpose designed to operate with minimum crew and maximum efficiency to deliver a range of nature based and leisure cruise activities in a style more akin to a private yacht cruise than a motorized tourist mover.
- This business has an extremely well maintained, optimised website linked to national tourism sites and with a strong social media following. The business does not require a shop front and could easily be operated from home. However, the current leased office with living accommodation is located on a main road with great exposure it provides a transferable, cost effective alternative.
- There is still plenty of room for growth with an expending tourist market and currently less than 30% seat occupancy on many cruises throughout the year. The valuable Marine Park permits would be transferable with the sale of the business and the Dolphin Watching Permit is now considered exclusive. Only a few operators licensed to provide this activity within the region and it is now considered unlikely that any new permits for this activity would be issued in the foreseeable future.
- The company’s two directors have decided it is time to retire and are happy to negotiate a flexible handover period to ‘show the ropes’ and to ensure the ongoing success of this business.
- This unique concern offers the right person or group of investors an opportunity to own an established, proven lifestyle business, with all the relevant credentials and based in one of the most beautiful regions in Australia.
Asking price: $710,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
New South Wales, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 202 times.