Famous fishing and associated goods store located in South Australia’s fishing capital
- This South Australian household name in the fishing community has been operating as a family business for 48 years with the current owners at the helm for more than seven years. Under the new ownership, the turnover has hit the $800,000 mark annually in the last three years and remains stable.
- This business is the most significant of its kind south of Adelaide and is ideally located on the coast adjacent to the best fishing in South Australia. The business was originally a very male dominated concern, but the current owners have expanded the business to carry a much wider variety of goods, attracting a more family-friendly customer base.
- The business has built up a substantial customer database of more than 3,000 clients. The region attracts large numbers of fishermen year-round, as well as being based in a region where there are many shift workers which translates into a steady stream of clients throughout the week.
- Importantly, the business has also kept up to date with the continuous advances in the tackle industry. The business is split into five distinct categories, carrying the most reputed brands and franchises, some exclusive to this concern. Selling anything to do with fishing is the core of the business plus there is also a Marine, Electronics, and Underwater and Clothing sections.
- The current owners have positioned the business for realistic and substantial growth by establishing a website presence for online sales. Other streams of revenue could grow from pursuing fishing charter bookings and instigating more fishing competitions and ‘How To’ events that attract new customers.
- Included in the asking price are all fittings and fixtures, the new computer systems and the extremely valuable company name. The business premises are leased at a very reasonable rent tied to CPI increases with three years plus five remaining.
- The current owners have indicated that they would be willing to remain for a handover period and the manager comes highly recommended and would be an asset to remain working in the business if the new owners were interested.
Asking price: $295,000 + SAV
$295,000 + SAV
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
South Australia, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 239 times.