Established, successful nursery & garden supply business in booming Victorian Region
- Located 45 minutes from Melbourne in a beautiful valley, this region is growing exponentially benefitting this nursery garden supply business. A recipient of the local small business award, the business has grown in less than 20 years to currently turning over $2.5 million annually.
- The business was established in 1978 and purchased in 1992 by the current owner. Indications of the growth of this business include originally employing two staff to now employing nine and from owning two trucks to now requiring ten trucks.
- Set in a semi-rural region, populated with houses with acreage and hobby farms, this region is one of the fastest growing in Australia, increasingly being developed for both residential and commercial projects.
- One of the first changes made by the current owners was adding the Mini-Mix service – ready mixed concrete delivered to both commercial and residential projects. This addition has ensured the business is a one stop shop, providing a full range of nursery products, building and garden supplies including 45 large open storage bins selling a wide range of garden products.
- Selling primarily to builders, landscapers, plumbers, bricklayers, concreters and the general public, the split is approximately 60% to trade clients and 40 % to the general public. With multiple income streams, it is estimated 10-15% of invoicing is for nursery products, the Mini-Mix represents 30% of the business, builder’s hardware supplies approximately 30% and the balance for garden supplies.
- Established for decades, the business has built up a large database of customers, including many regular account clients. The business has also built up excellent relationships with suppliers, is well regarded within the industry and is now completely computerised for invoicing and ordering.
- The current owners relocated the business 13 years ago to purpose built, larger premises on two acres located close to an artery road. The business regularly services a 50-kilometre radius and with only two direct competitors, the business is set to dominate the region due to the length of time trading, their size and the range of products and services provided.
- The business is on track to continue to grow due to the development of the region. Strategic growth could come from focusing on the various income streams, including the nursery and retail, the bulk material and timbers for landscaping and the profitable mini-mix service.
- The current owners are now at retirement age and suggest this business would ideally suit a family. The current owners have made a great living and enjoyed the lifestyle provided by the nature of the business and the location, close to the city, the beautiful Yarra Valley and the snowfields.
- Included in the asking price is all plant and equipment, plus stock at valuation.
Asking price: $1,550,000 + SAV
$1,550,000 + SAV
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
This Ad has been viewed 211 times.