Post Office/ Retail Business with Guaranteed Income in a Classic Australian Country Town.New Listing
Post Office/ Retail Business with Guaranteed Income in a Classic Australian Country Town
- This Post Office / retail business is located in a regional township in the agricultural heartland of the Lower Namoi Valley in North West NSW. The business was purchased by the current owners 10 years ago and has gone on to triple the annual turnover in that duration of time to almost $300,000 annually.
- This concern benefits greatly from a guaranteed income, with Australia Post paying an annual income of $115,000 to sort mail and other related services. Firmly embedded in the community, this business also benefits by the nature of a Post Office; with everyone in the community requiring the postal services provided by this business.
- The current owner has built up the Post Office significantly by expanding the retail side of this business. The Post office now sells a variety of giftware, toys, stationery and sports memorabilia. These sales now represent approximately 30-40% of turnover.
- This business has provided a very good living for the current owners with the advantage of being a very low risk business with the guaranteed income from Post Australia and the nature of a post office, an institution used by every member of the community.
- The region is known as the ‘Cotton Capital of Australia’. The township with a population of over 2,000 also services the needs of a far greater rural community. The business could realistically grow by other expanding the retail elements to the business, such as the stationery lines, as there is very little direct competition within the township.
- Included in the asking price in this firmly established business is all shelving and fittings, including the security cameras, with stock additional at current value.
- The business is set in a classic, friendly Australian country township with four schools, a preschool, two hotels, a restaurant, a swimming pool, golf course, tennis courts, a modern sporting complex and a new medical centre. There is a larger town with an airport within 20 minutes from the business with daily flights to capital cities. Within two hours, there is a large inland city with many cosmopolitan conveniences and amenities.
Asking price: $300,000 + SAV
$300,000 + SAV
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
New South Wales, Australia