Thumbnail for the listing's main image
Business Details

Successful interior furnishings business in fast growing region an hour from Melbourne

 

  • This interior furnishings business has been trading under the current husband and wife team since 1996. Based in a satellite district less than an hour from Melbourne, this fast growing region is steadily becoming an outer suburb of the city.
  • The business is ideally situated to service the needs of the many new housing estates that are a feature of this region. There are currently new housing estates being developed less than five minutes from the business as well as new schools and a hospital.
  • The large business premises with excellent displays are ideally situated on a busy street, with plenty of passing trade. With little direct competition in the region, the business benefits from consistent revenue of approximately $600,000.00 annually.
  • Selling a variety of interior furnishings, such as blinds, drapes, awnings, carpets and cushions, the owners focus on the inventory that returns the best margins. After almost two decades of successful trading, the business systems have been streamlined to make this business extremely easy to manage, requiring only one full-time casual staff member.
  • To create a one-stop shop experience for customers, alongside the range of drapes and curtains sold, all curtain tracks are produced onsite. The business has recently added curtain cleaning and a national wardrobe franchise agency to their list of services.
  • Residential customers make up 80% of the business with the remaining 20% derived from commercial jobs. A large percentage of clientele are repeat or word-of-mouth, including recommendations from local builders. There is a website and an established presence in the Yellow Pages.
  • The business has been intentionally kept small and manageable, yet still returns a great living for the owners. With new energy however, the business could grow in many directions - by actively seeking additional builders for strategic alignments, promoting the new wardrobe products and other services, or by increasing advertising and online marketing.
  • This region has everything going for it; it is an hour from the city, an hour to the ski fields and an hour from the beaches. There are plenty of great schools, hospitals and all the other facilities to make this region an ideal place to call home.

 

 

Code VB9-032

Asking price: $475,000 + SAV

$ 475,000.00
For Sale.
No
No
No
tr4
18
$475,000 + SAV
TBA
TBA
Business Opportunity Victoria
Contact Information
Contact property
1300 722 556
Victoria, Australia
Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt