The market leading marine engineering company based in Brisbane
- This extremely successful marine engineering business is the market leader in a highly profitable, niche industry. Trading for 22 years, this Brisbane-based concern was started by a husband and wife team and has built up to today’s enviable position of market dominance, with the majority of work undertaken for clients, also based in Brisbane.
- Starting with excellent contacts, the business has secure, long-term contracts that the newowners would benefit from. The business has a long track record of successfully completing projects, resulting in satisfied clients that provide excellent word-of-mouth recommendations, with approximately 80% to 90% repeat business.
- Importantly, this business also enjoys extraordinarily high margins. With an average annual turnover for the last four years of $1.2 million, there is a 75% return - based on income before tax.
- The business undertakes all manner of commercial diving and the maintenance of marine structures such as wharfs, bridges and pipelines. Other jobs include corrosion protection, small scale dredging, mooring maintenance as well as the hiring of vessels, crane barge and ROV. Clients include government, major water suppliers, sewerage, electricity and other utility providers, petro-chemical, mining and major construction and consulting engineering companies.
- This business manages to keep costs down by having a team of highly experienced staff on call, as required. While the business has consistently grown, the current owners have intentionally kept the business at a manageable size due to personal lifestyle choices.
- The current owner currently now only works approximately two days a week and has also chosen not to advertise or have a web presence, due to the high percentage of repeat business. Promoting the business would represent a realistic potential to grow the business.
- The vendor is offering a one-month handover period for training, to introduce the existing clients and to assist in establishing firm relationships with existing staff. After that period of time, the owner is happy to remain on a consultancy basis, should the new owners require assistance.
- Asking price includes all the relevant company vessels and specialized equipment. Importantly all equipment is fully containerised for complete portability, enabling the business to undertake work nationally.
- This business would appeal to new owners with marine experience. Alternatively anyone with a practical business background could employ experienced staff in the field as required - as the current owner does.
- The business is based minutes from Brisbane’s CBD, providing a real lifestyle bonus, as Brisbane is one of Australia’s most liveable cities. Brisbane also has an almost idyllic year round climate, with all its cosmopolitan city attractions, plus beaches and the many healthy lifestyle attractions that Australia is famous for.
Asking price: $1.8 Million WIWO
$1.8 Million WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia