Stunning lifestyle vineyard in the Hunter Valley producing Award-Winning Wines
- The current owners purchased this stunning property with superlative valley views based in the Hunter Valley in 1994. Since purchasing the property, the estate has been developed into a working farm with over 10 acres of grapes that produces award-winning wines.
- As well as a vineyard, this estate has been developed into a stunning lifestyle property. There are now 5 acres of olive trees and cows roaming the newly fenced property with a substantial architect designed house, all within 90 minutes from Australia’s premier city, Sydney.
- The varieties of grapes currently planted include Merlot, Shiraz and Verdelho. As testimony to the region’s unique wine-growing attributes, the first crop of Merlot won a gold medal.
- Established on the property are sheds housing a large refrigerated wine cellar, capable of holding up to 800 dozen bottles of wines, an olive press and farm equipment. Importantly, there is plenty of water on the property, with two dams, plus access to 5 mega litres from the Hunter River Private Irrigation District. There is a licence to access 22 mega litres from the property’s creek.
- The house is a magnificent, bagged double brick home with 4 large bedrooms, a large study, 2.5 bathrooms, a huge open plan living area, high ceilings, underfloor heating and air conditioning. There are also large outdoor areas, a tennis court and a double garage.
- This concern presents a unique opportunity to buy into the dream of owning a vineyard in the world famous wine region of the Hunter Valley. Already winning awards for their wines, the business could be accelerated to become a major player in one of the most exciting industries in the world.
- The current owners have not advertised their wines, presenting real opportunity for growth. There is also approximately 40 acres of cleared land available to expand the vineyards. Several other marketing strategies to expand the business include pursuing wholesale markets and by further developing the wine club, which currently has 400 subscribers.
- The property has evolved in less than a decade from a simple farm to a lifestyle property growing award winning wines that pays its way, turning over $120,000 annually. The current owner had no previous knowledge of wine making and has developed the winery into an established success; alternatively, a manager could be employed and housed on the property.
- As a lifestyle proposition, this estate presents a rare opportunity. Located in a world famous wine region, close to 3 restaurants with chefs hats, concert venues and 4 world-class golf courses in an extremely social region. For daily requirements, a large township is located 15 minutes away with schools, a hospital and quality shopping.
Asking price: $2,250,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Hunter Region (Newcastle, New South Wales|Newcastle), New South Wales, Australia