Newsagency/ General Store in a small township on a major travelling route in Queensland.New Listing.
Newsagency/ General Store in a small township on a major travelling route in Queensland
- This long established newsagent / general store is located in the centre of a small township in Central Queensland. Purchased by the current owners in 1979, the business has made a good living for this family and is currently turning over just over $1.3 million annually.
- With meticulous management and bookkeeping, the well-kept store has been a focal part of the township for over 50 years. With no direct competition for the newsagency line of products, the business is assured of a regular income and an ongoing place in this tightly knit community.
- The business and township is set on a major highway between Brisbane and Rockhampton and it is a popular and busy stopping point for many travellers north from Brisbane. A major township, with all the facilities of schools and hospitals and the coast and beaches are all less than 60 kilometres from the business.
- The business sells the full scope of newsagency products, plus a limited general grocery line. As well, the business has recently expanded to include a banking service, a photocopier service, an ATM and a coffee machine.
- The business currently employs 16 casual staff members, made up of 8 senior staff plus 6 school children, working before and after school. Newspapers and magazines are arranged by the business to be delivered to the surrounding country areas, by the local mail service. Those living in the township come into the store daily to buy their newsagency supplies.
- The current owner is looking at retiring, but has enjoyed working in the business and being an active part of the community. A flexible handover period has been suggested by the current owner to help the new owners familiarise themselves with the many systems involved in this business.
- The region is historically important for cattle and sheep grazing as well as being a major sugar cane growing region. This business would be ideal for a husband and wife team with young children who could help out, minimising wage bills.
- Included in the negotiable asking price is the freehold value of the business, with stock at valuation.
Asking price:$850,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
This Ad has been viewed 279 times.