Established aquatic retail business in the heart of North Queensland City.
- Operating for almost 40 years, this iconic business is the longest established retail aquarium in North Queensland and the largest north of Brisbane. Turning over more than $1 million annually, the aquarium business is based in the centre of North Queensland’s largest city and specialises in aquatic pets and goods, with the largest range of fish species in the region.
- Operated by the current owner for the last 11 years, the business has been enthusiastically built up by providing unsurpassed customer service and a huge variety of freshwater and marine fish, plus aquatic plants. The choice of over 3,000 fish draws customers from all over the region, and who range from the young child looking for a pet goldfish to the enthusiast searching for a rare aquatic species.
- Since taking over the business, the current owner relocated to larger premises, with double the floor space and within three minutes from the city’s busiest intersection. The overall experience for customers in the new, well laid out spacious premises, has been greatly improved, plus there are now four cash registers and plenty of available parking for customers.
- The positive customer experience, expert advice and care provided by the team at this business have all but killed off the local competition. The business also provides a wide range of aquatic-related goods and spare parts, the widest range available outside of Brisbane, which has further made this business the go-to specialist for every aquarium need.
- To maintain this level of customer service, the owner currently employs up to 18 staff, mostly school and university students and all are employed on a casual basis.
- As a WIWO opportunity, everything is included in the asking price, including the computer system, all fixtures, fittings and shelving, with stock at valuation.
- This business would suit someone with relevant retail experience, or someone that enjoys working with the public and who would appreciate operating a unique business with generous annual profits.
Asking price. $575,000 WIWO
Contact InformationContact property
1300 722 556
North Queensland, Queensland, Australia